Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home Improvement

As Suzanne mentioned, we are trying to make some small improvements to our home to increase its aesthetic appeal and its value, not to mention our privacy and backyard enjoyment without stupid neighbor dogs pestering. I have had a ton of fun building the new and improved fence and playing with my tools. I have been using this and other projects as an excuse to buy more tools and fun toys for myself! Here are some pictures of the work so far. This is the fence after an hour or so of work.

This is the ghetto rig I set up for the neighbors half of the fence. If I have to fix their piece of junk fence I'm not putting a lot of effort into making their side look nice. I wont see any of that from my side of the fence!
Maya likes to help out with work in the yard. She is more of the supervisor... notice the blanket she is laying on so as not to get muddy...
Tearing out the old post and concrete setting.
Beginning the new side to our fence!!!!

We'll keep posting pictures as we progress in this project and a couple of others. The other one we are working on is clearing our garden space in enough time to plant a garden, which involves a new grass edge, fencing to keep Maya out of our vegetables, clearing out all the gravel which is there now, and probably getting more soil to till into the hardened clay underneath.

4 comments:

  1. That will look way better when it's done, eh? nice work. That's a good looking dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. If anything the other side might help your neighbors become more religious since it looks like a cross? ;D Is Maya the dog next door or your dog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maya is our dog, the good lookin German Shepherd on that blanket up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome guys, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete