Sunday, March 21, 2010

Church calling an absolute surprise!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/7255583/2/istockphoto_7255583-buzzy-beehive.jpg
Today in church I got my calling in our family ward. Mike and I have been joking with each other the last few weeks that we would be called into primary together since we kept hearing how they were short on primary teachers. I was, honestly, regretting this potential calling because I am around rowdy crazy children all day for 5 days a week. I would love if Sunday could be a break from that. Sitting in Sunday school today, a member of the bishopric called Mike and I out into the hall with him....we instantly knew what was coming. We looked at each other with nervous smiling expressions.

The kind friendly gentleman looked at me mostly and then said "We have found a calling for you Suzanne. We would like to call you as an advisor for the mia maids." I looked at Mike and had mixed thoughts. Is this better than primary? It is for sure!!! More attitude in different ways, but still different than being around work 6 days a week.

I accepted and we returned to class. That same gentleman came to us in class and said "I am sorry. I made a mistake. We want you to be the beehive advisor. Will you accept that call?" I was pleased to! What a fun age! Such cute girls! All throughout sacrament meeting I was scoping out the girls that look beehive age and I am excited! I will attend mutual after 13-14 years of having graduated that time in life. Youth conference is coming up....not sure how I feel about that one yet, but I know I feel excited about this calling, but also very inadequate and overwhelmed by it. I've never been in a leadership position like this with church. I know it is what the Lord wants me to do and there is some girl that the Lord feels could benefit from this. I will grow great amounts in this new calling. Back to BEEHiVES!!!

2 comments:

  1. that will be a fun calling and you'll do great! i'm looking forward to hearing your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be great Suz!! You have a lot to offer those youngsters!

    ReplyDelete