Thursday, March 18, 2010

His sleeping personality

As I am discovering with much amusement and many giggles, Mike has personality when he sleeps. Often in the middle of the night he will say things from dreams that do not make any sense. I will ask him "What?" or "Huh?" and then he tells me the next morning he has no memory of what he said or did. For example, early this morning at 3:15 I woke up very thirsty and hot. Mike always has a glass of water by his side of the bed so I asked him for a drink from his water. He rolled over and gave it to me, almost completely empty. I drank the few drops that were left and went to the kitchen to fill it up again. After returning to bed Mike asked me
"Where's the table saw blade I gave you?" I asked what he was talking about.
"The table saw blade I gave you." He replied. "I know I gave you a saw blade."
I responded, "Honey, you gave me a glass of water. That's it."
Mike then goes quiet and says, "I'm so confused! I feel really weird. I know I gave you a table saw blade."
He began laughing very hard and I was so perplexed and concerned. I honestly could not determine if he was awake or talking in his sleep. Waking up this morning he asked if he was talking last night. I agreed quickly and told him my version of the evening's events.

We had a good laugh and he said he 's still confused about it. Must have been from a dream he was having before I asked for the water.

Example 2:
During the night I like to cuddle up close to Mike. He is a nice heater, but also gets hot very easily. I put my left leg under his right leg which is one of my favorite things to do. I must have nicked him with one of my toenails because he said gruffly, "Ouch!" so I moved my leg. Next thing I hear is, "Don't be so dramatic." I was surprised that such a rude comment came from him to me. He never says anything like that to me. I asked him the next morning if he remembered saying that to me at all. He was so embarrassed and he had no recollection of saying that. He felt so bad. I told him I wasn't offended, but more surprised he'd said it at all. Never a dull moment with Mike as a husband!

5 comments:

  1. Good stories always come from late at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon, he'll start thinking the dog is playing in the upper corner of your room. Dad is rubbing off on him. hmm??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. Reminds me of a post on our blog from March 16th, 2008: http://alxndrs.blogspot.com/2008/03/messin-with-suzanne.html
    It's so fun to mess with our spouses when they are talking in their sleep! Don't try to figure it out Suzanne. Just see how far you can take it and mess with his mind. That's what I did during our Kings Peak trek. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did he talk a lot in his sleep on that trek??? How hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tuckett's a sleep-talker too...he's always working in his sleep. Like, "hey move that piece of tile over here," or "I'll have to give you a call back later when I find some more information on that policy." So funny. It's always fun to get to know your new sleeping partner!

    ReplyDelete