Monday, April 9, 2012

Letter to MSNBC

 In light of the recent Anti-Mormon campaign waged by MSNBC, I decided to write a letter expressing myself to the CEO, The O'Donnell Show, and the Public Relations department.
 
I’m a fairly understanding person.  I understand that sometimes a person mistakenly says something that they didn’t mean to say, or something that didn’t come out quite right.  I am also not so naïve to think that these “mistakes” can’t become pattern.  As I sat and watched O’Donnell rant about Mitt Romney’s “Mormon Problem”, I can’t help but notice a growing pattern in his and MSNBC's rhetoric of falsities and downright lies about Mormons.  My utter disgust only grew as he continued to vomit his vile speech upon the American people.  The MSNBC “news” channel has openly admitted to having a progressive and liberal agenda.  The very premise of this liberal and progressive agenda preaches acceptance and tolerance and understanding of all others.  This being said, I only see complete hypocrisy on the part of MSNBC and its hosts and affiliates.  I watched Howard Dean on MSNBC talk about how disgusted he is about a supposed GOP bashing of Gays, Muslims, Latino’s, Immigrants, and Women.  But then I see O’Donnell bashing Mormons to the point of slander on his show.  Where is Howard Dean and the rest of MSNBC standing up for a liberal war on Mormonism?  Great job, MSNBC, at upholding even your most basic tenets in liberalism and progressivism.  I’ve seen some pretty disgusting things said on both the left and the right in politics and I have seen the fallout when that does happen.  Never though, have I seen a more blatant disregard for all decency than I just saw in O’Donnell.  When someone on the right makes a statement such as this, the left, including your hosts, explode into an uproar and demand that action be taken against the perpetrator.  Now, as I said, I am not a naïve man, and in this particular case, I am not so naïve as to think a reputable company such as yours will do anything about this. 
You have thoroughly lost my business and anyone I can share this with in my, “crusade”, if you will, against your hypocrisy and pattern of false reporting. 

Sincerely,

Mike Alexander

1 comment: